Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Summer + Crochet = Macro Trend






Outfit
Top | Hand-made by me 
Skirt | Aeropostale 

This summer I have been completely OBSESSED major with crochet crops! I also am guilty of watching all three Zenon movies in a two day period... 

Crochet bikini's and crop tops are a serious trend this summer and I'm definietly jumping on the wagon! #SorryNotSorry. I just love this look and instead of breaking the bank, I picked up some yarn and made my own. I have been super crafty all my life and I learned how to knit, crochet and sew when I was 10. Making a cute bikini/crop top was a piece of delicious pumpkin pie! I started this yesterday and created all the pieces, then I put it all together this morning. I absolutely adore the feel and overall finished product. 

I decided to go with a 100% cotton yarn to make sure my crop was super soft, comfortable and machine washable! I've been wearing this piece all day and it's major soft and I have absolutely no complaints about the feel. I'm super proud of this piece, I can't wait to make more!

I paired my White "Middie" crop with a simple black skirt from Aeropostale and to add a little edge I wore my all black low-rise converse. I love the casual look, so I would also where this with some classic high waisted cut-offs or high waisted jeans, add a flannel around the waist and minimal jewelry.  If you wanted to dress this top up a bit, I would go with a solid skirt like the on I'm wearing, some adorable, edgy high heel sandals, a statement necklace and great bag! 


Thank you SOO much for reading and make sure to follow my links and join to find out when I am posting! 

instagram & twitter | krysgrasso
tumblr | krystaelena.tumblr.com
pinterest | krystaelenaa

What do you think of the crochet bikini trend? Should I start selling these amazing handmade tops? Let me know in the comments! :)



1 comment:

  1. This outfit is really good! It's simple but at the same time its simply glam! So how long did it take for you to make the crop top? And do you add tassels or other details to some of the crop tops that you make? I wish I could make something like that for myself, But I guess I could just settle for something similar in a store. But yeah great job on the top! :)

    www.tragiccouturist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete